Hi. I'm sure you all thought that I would never find my way back to my lonely blog. Never fear! I am...here.
I wanted to share the beautiful box of vegetables and goodies I picked up yesterday from Local Harvest. I know I have said it before, but I think this one is my new favorite!
Look at those colors!
Yes. That's a yellow head of cauliflower. The beets are rainbow colored, the swiss chard is a beautiful hue of green. The turnips have adorable pink tales. And those in the bottom right corner- Duck Eggs. Carrots, Leaf Lettuce, Watermelon Radishes, Tomatoes, Sheep Cheese, Delicata Squash, Mexican Vegetarian Chorizo, Apples, and Cabbage complete the package.
I grabbed a few items to round out my meal planner desires. I love that I get 10% off everything I buy on pick-up days. I never want to move away from this grocery store. I filled a bag with lentils from the bulk area, a tub of peanut butter, a can of coconut milk, crackers to go with the sheep cheese pictured above, italian dressing for the big crunchy salads I will be making this week, and a scoop (or two) of the most addicting trail mix I have ever shoved in my mouth.
So, what am I making this week?
Hard Cider Sweet Potato Bisque - Homemade Bread
Sriracha Baked Tofu- Salads, Roasted Veggies
Pasta w/ Carmalized Onions and Kale (minus the walnuts) Baked Delicata Squash
Easy Lentil Dhal (my lentils are green, not red, but whatever)
Snacks-
Apples and Peanut Butter
Crackers and Cheese
Breakfast-
Green Smoothies
Oatmeal
Duck Eggs with Spinach and Toast
This should be enough food to last us until another friends and family filled weekend. I stumbled upon this quote a couple days ago, and it couldn't be more spot on on how I feel about my life right now. Aside from a few minor hiccups of unpleasant hurdles, I have pretty much been on cloud nine since last Monday. Don't forget to find the joy....
Delicious food, the end of a painful semester, many nights filled with laughter, a warm bed, days filled with amazing people, and the magical season of celebrating a Savior's birth. What are you loving in your life right now?
12.11.2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment