9.14.2010

Delayed Start.

September 13th start date. I should have checked with Matt one last time before I declared change for my blog. We went to Trader Joe's after church Sunday night to get groceries for a couple days. As we were walking out to the car....I then realized that we have busy schedules for Monday-Wednesday. Woops. We will also be fed for most of those outtings....another woops. 
Here is the plan for Monday-Wednesday: 
Breakfast: Skillet Granola, greek yogurt, coffee 
Morning Snack: Pineapple, 1/4 cup of cottage cheese 
Lunch: Salad w/ hardboiled egg, sunflower seeds, carrots. Hummus with cucumber slices. 2 small squares of dark chocolate. 
Afternoon snack: Apple, string cheese. 

Randomness of Dinner: 
Monday: Greeting Team meeting....we had fingerfoods and fruit. 
Tuesday: Matt's softball team end of the season cookout.....grilling out! 
Wednesday: One of the doctors I work for is doing a lecture on hormones...I will bring my supper with me from leftovers. 

I have thursday off. I am going to use Thursday as a cooking/picturing/menuing day so I have something to share with you. I will admit this is not the beginning I had planned for this....but we will get there! 


P.S. I must share a story that tickled my heart today: 
I love some of our patients......Yesterday an older gentleman that I am fond of came in the office. His health has taken a turn for the worst and it's been a while since he has been able to visit. We chatted a bit when he signed in and then the doctor took him back. When he came around to pay, he leaned in real close and told me he had a question.
"Courtney, have you been dieting?", he whispers to me.
I giggle and reply, "Yes, Ed, I have been dieting".
"You look truly amazing. I am proud of you", he grins and winks. 

I will admit that a large amount of our patients have blown me away with support and kind words. Several have noticed my changing appearance and comment.....but Ed's compliment is my favorite so far.

2 comments:

  1. You are just too cute! Thanks for sharing your journey and I'm looking forward to trying some of your recipes! And you do look great, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wink takes a compliment a lot further down the appreciation path, if given by the right person! :D Love you, girl.

    ReplyDelete