3.17.2011

Rewind: *the race*

2:00am alarm. 

First response: " ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME!" 

I hit the snooze button

2:05am alarm. 

Second response: "Crap. This is really happening today." 

I'm not going to bore you with a play-by-play of the entire morning. I will keep this one simple: pictures with captions. And, a couple videos! Did I mention that there were 17,000 women running in this thing.....
leaving the resort: 3:00am
epcot parking lot: 3:30am
matt, me, cale, and aimee: 4:00am
 Roughly, 4:30am, I say goodbye to Matt and we all head to the starting line. It's a 20 minute walk to the corrals to start. blerg. 
 We get to our corral at 5:00am....but we won't even start running until 6:25. blerg. If you look close, my eyes are alittle glassy cause I started getting emotional the closer we got to the starting line. 

RUNNNN!!! 
Here is a video I shot as we ran through the Magic Castle. I was not thinking clearly, and you will have to tilt your head to the side...sorry.

 OHHH..mile 12...barely moving still.
 I felt like an hour had passed between mile 12 and mile 13.
 3 hours 
21 minutes 
D.O.N.E

I couldn't have done it without Aimee. 
At mile 10, I was hot, thirsty, and hurting. 
She stuck by myside. 
Listen to me whine.
And coached me through the end. 
Thank you, Aimee!
You talked me into doing this
and you wouldn't let me give up. 

3 comments:

  1. Courtney, AWESOME JOB! I didn't know you had a running buddy?! I love the picture of you were the background is blurry and you are running- makes ya look super duper fast :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. SOOOOO I totally cried when I read your post!!!!
    I am just so proud of you!

    This is just such an accomplishment, WHOAH!

    OH AND btw how do you know Hilary DeGraff? She was one of my friends at SIU our freshman year... WHAT a small world

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so proud of you! Again, you are SO one of my inspirations!

    So, when are you going 26.2????????????? ;)

    ReplyDelete