11.05.2011

Day 3 Photo Challenge: Happiness

Happiness. I thought of many things that I could have taken a picture of to share my happiness. Many. 

But then I realized that I should focus on what brought happiness into my life on this very day. It wasn't hard to single that out. Duh, IT IS CSA DAY! 

I have had the privilege to receive a CSA share from Maude's Market by working there on Wednesdays. We also signed up for NeighborGood Foods CSA share back in September. Obsessive? Just a little. However, I really can't express to you how awesome it is to be supporting so many local farmers and putting food on the table that I feel proud about on a daily basis.

Today was the day that I laid both our wonderful CSA's on the table to take a picture, take inventory from the fridge, and build my menu for the week. 

Confession: I have been know to shriek with excitement as I see all the veggies and produce and start dreaming of what I can do with them. Today was no different.

Maude's Market: 
1 butternut squash from  River Hills Harvest
4 pablono peppers from Thies Family Farm
4 green bell peppers from Seven Cedars Farm 
2 bag of arugula from Yellow Dog Farms
1 radish, also from Yellow Dog
4 red potatoes from Carter's Produce
4 green tomatoes from Springbrook
4 apples and 4 pears from Akins Orchard and Farm
1 9oz package of fresh pasta from Mangia Italiano
1/2 gallon of apple cider from Joe Ringhausen Orchards


NeighborGood Foods:
1 Striped Zucchini from Kruse Gardens
1 Purple Bell Pepper from Kruse
1 Pimento Pepper from Kruse
1 Swiss Chard from Kruse
1 bundle Rosemary & Thyme from Kruse
Spinach from JW Schroeter
1 Cauliflower from Scharf Farm
1 Cabbage from Scharf Farm
1 Flamingo Pepper from Scharf
2 JohnaGold Apples from Scharf
Green & Yellow Beans from Scharf
2 Sweet Potatoes from Scharf
Celery, Green Leaf Lettuce, Romaine Hearts, Red Potatoes from Sun Farm Foods

I hope to get back in the routine of cooking, taking pictures, and blogging the recipe for you this week. It should be easy because I have found some amazing looking recipes to churn out from these beauties!

0 comments:

Post a Comment