2.26.2013

Interrupting myself...

Scene: Sitting at the St. Louis Bread Co. in Chesterfield Valley. Impatiently watching the clock tick, waiting for it to be 5:00pm so I can meet for my group project due tomorrow. My eyes are heavy, my stomach is growling, and I am surrounded by my laptop, a binder, 2 folders stuffed with assignments, 2 textbooks, and an arsenal of colored pens and pencils that I plea to motivate me. 

I am dreaming of Sunday. The first day I will be able to breath a sigh of relief this week. 
You see, I am currently experiencing an abundance of first- world-problems. Problems that aren't really problems, just minor hiccups that repeatedly bring me to tears. 

- I am not losing weight as easily as I did the first time around. 
    Boohoo. 
- Matt and I have been looking at houses for a solid month, non- stop almost, and we finally found one we like, only to lose it 20 minutes later. 
     Boohoo. 
- This is my last true semester of school and I strongly dislike it. 
     Boohoo. 
- My schedule is a hot mess right now, which makes it close to impossible to hang out with my friends, which makes me a crabby monster. 
     Boohoo.
- I just want to be done with school and working somewhere, doing something that I am passionate about, a house that is in our price range that isn't a pit, be at a healthy weight, and freedom to see my friends whenever I want. 
     Boohoo. 

Pretty pathetic, right? 

Even as I sit in my gloomy, gray-clouded, grumpy-pants today, I can't help but smile when I read beautiful words....

"....each day is, in a certain sense, a complete life by itself. It has its own duties, its own trial,its own burdens and its own needs. The very best we can do for the perfecting of our life as a whole, is to live the one day well. We should put all our thought and energy and skill into the duty of each day, wasting no strength, either in grieving over yesterday's failures -- or in anxiety about tomorrow's responsibilities." ~ J.R. Miller

Go ahead and let that sink in for a minute. I know I need to let it sink in, repent of my earthly worries, and welcome in a fresh attitude.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment