4.19.2020

Testing, testing....

In the current state of things, I am finding myself bored. Hilarious, using that word. Bored. Not a true bored as it is defined in a dictionary. No, not that kind of bored. I have plenty of things to do. Just brain-bored. That makes sense, right? ...but I need to find an outlet. I’m not entirely sure what I am itching to out-let, but I feel stuck.

Stuck at home.

Stuck with my role.

Stuck with what to do with the kids.

Stuck with what I enjoy.

Stuck with my creativity and how to express myself.

And I think I was feeling that way when I started this “blog” so many years ago. Eeeewe, I kinda hate the word blog these days. I mean, yes, by definition this is a blog. It’s on Blogger, for Pete’s sake. But I am by no means doing this to generate income, or to influence you into buying something, or to feel like you need to be influenced by what I/we are doing. Not that kind of blog, people. Just a run-of-the-mill, blah blah blah, of what we’ve been up to. Promise.

So back to the real talk: I need an outlet. Who knows, maybe I will enjoy writing again. Reading again. Gasp- cooking on the regular again. PARENTING 24/7 without the  help of the Zoo, and the bazillion libraries, and a school to drop my kids off at, or the museums,  or the beautiful gardens, sigh, and man- the playgrounds, or strolling through target to let my kids “visit the toys that live at the store”, or the beloved train store, and the big beautiful parks where I could let them run free and explore. Oh, sweet resourceful, beautiful City of St Louis. You were a big part of my parenting arsenal. You provided me with endless opportunity to teach my children about the world. I miss you. Oh, how I miss you.

I keep getting side tracked: This could be a fun way to tell our story. Our big ol’ memory book that lives and breathes on the World Wide Web. Who knows, maybe I’ll even learn how to properly structure sentences? {don’t hold your breath}

Oh- and a place I can share cool things I find. Pictures of the boys. Stories of what they are up to. Lord knows I am forgetting the milestones already. Oh, and don’t ask me to start from the beginning. There is no way I can go back and play catch up from the last post in 2014 to now, April something during the most epically dramatic time of 2020. Y’all, January was fine. February was when I lived in denial of how fast this was about to implode (it was like a slow fall into the suck zone) and then March slapped me right around the 5th.....and well....no need to beat a dead horse.

Segway- Goals:
Y’all know I love goals. So, what’s your goals, Courtney? No idea. But I’m about to process this out loud, so buckled up. The original name was “she giggles and wiggles”. No idea what brought that name to light, but it doesn’t really fit anymore. New name, new goals.
- Make the most of •each• day. 
I’ve found myself always being done with the current day around lunchtime, and wishing for it to be tomorrow. Why?! Ew. I’m over it. Help me find a way out of that mentality.
-Practice daily gratitude.
-Brace yourself: lose weight.
 You know I had to mention it, right? I am going to start losing weight. It’s a touchy subject these days, I get it. Love yourself no matter what the scale says- and I’m gonna do that- but I can’t do that right now. My knees hurt, my clothes don’t fit, I’m back to looking for comfort in food and I don’t like it.  I’m tired of being out of breath, the whole bag of chips. Ha! Food pun. Seemed appropriate.
- I need to create. 
I need to be less of a consumer. I need to dream again. Think big ideas.
- Read books and share ideas.
- Go places.
 Well, when we can. I’ll keep that a goal, for when the time is right. But man, when we can, we all need to get out there. Doesn’t have to be fancy or expensive, or far, just not here.

Enough words for today. Thank you for joining me on this reinvented adventure.

I’m excited.

0 comments:

Post a Comment