9.19.2009

Kitchen goodies

Have I mentioned that I lovvvveee food? I think I have.

I knew the first thing that I needed to do to lose weight was to stop eating out. As much. I will admit that since beginning my new lifestyle, we have continued to eat out only one time a week....sometimes we ate out as much as 4 or 5 times a week. Ridiculous, I know.

At first, I thought it would be really sad for me. But, I have started to really embrace cooking at home. Tonight I tried my hand in making deep-dish pizza. And, I even made the dough. I was incredibly nervous...but really anxious to see how it would taste.


Now...I know you might be asking, "Courtney...this doesn't strike me as diet food." However, based on the idea that normally we would order a large pizza from Papa Johns and we would eat the whole thing between the two of us- eating only 2 small pieces of this pizza makes a huge difference. This homemade pizza probably saved me over 1,000 calories.

Plus, it was also delicious.

2 comments: