9.09.2009

September 1st.

The greatest thing happened.

Silently, I have been struggling with the weight I have allowed myself to gain over the years. St. Louis offers some of the greatest food I have ever stuffed in my face and if you pair great food with low self-esteem...most of the time you are going to produce an overeater. Thus, the 205 pound Courtney is created.

By no means am I trying to place blame or play the "how did this happen to me" card. I know how it happen. I love food. Period.

Luckily, my boss put together a weight loss competition at my office. I was crushed when I found out that I was the biggest person in my office. BIGGEST. Ugh...that was enough to make me go eat a whole cake by myself. But, instead I said to myself, "GAME ON!"

It's officially started....

Welcome aboard the biggest challenge I have ever, ever taken on.

3 comments:

  1. Courtney- Just stumbled upon your blog via FB and am totally impressed that you are putting yourself out there and are committing to the weight loss! YOU GO GIRL! :) I am excited to follow your progress and give you kudos from time to time. I am completely impressed with people who set their mind to do something and then accomplish it and weight loss is a difficult thing to achieve and maintain; but as you've demo'd, the first step is admitting it. I know we've only met a couple times many years ago, but I am sincerely proud of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Court-I don't have to tell you how proud I am of you...I'm sure you already know. I will do whatever you need me to do to help you. You can do this!!! You've overcome more than you let yourself believe. Your an amazing woman. Your funny, beautiful and smart. You know you can always go bike riding with me:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I came across your blog by hitting "next blog" while previewing my own blog. I have to say that we have very similar interests. My blog is all about my own struggles, not just with my weight but with re-capturing my identity. Check it out if you like (http://metamorphosisofmichelle.blogspot.com/).

    Good luck on your quest. You can be sure I'll be checking back often. Good on ya.

    ReplyDelete