10.13.2009

Answered Prayers

A few Sundays ago, I opened my church bulletin and started reading the announcements. Blah, blah, blah....same old, same old stuff......

And there it was:
An answered prayer.
12 point font.
Middle of the page.
Arial? New Times Roman?
I'm not sure.

My church was starting a healing group entitled HEAL: healthy eating and lifestyle. Women only. I instantly turned to Matt and pointed. He smiled, my heart swelled with joy. Finally. I'll admit that I had a hard time focusing through the sermon. I anxiously waited to go home and register. Could this be happening? Could my cries for help be heard? Yes.

Yes.

My group has started. My second meeting is tomorrow night. I have the awesome privilege of witnessing myself and 9 other brave ladies bear our soles in hopes of being healed of our eating disorders. Is it weird to say, "Yippee"?

I have to share my story tomorrow night. Nervous? Scared? Lost? All of the above. Anxious? Excited? Yes. Ready to change? Absolutely.

Here is the book we are going to work through the next 12 weeks. It's brilliantly written...and I can't wait to start this journey.



3 comments:

  1. Awesome Courtney! God's timing is always perfect. I hope your meeting and speaking goes well tonight....remember the group is there to support and heal together not criticize. Looking forward to the update!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you love how the Lord works!? I am so happy that you have found a GODLY way to work around your issues with food and have other friends to do it with you!!
    I'll be praying for you! :)

    Can't wait to see how God uses this book/group to transform you from the inside out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I remember when we did that announcement. And it was actually 10pt (maybe 10.8), and Opulent (the official 'Journey' font). :) Is Amy Mattia one of the gals leading your group? I'm excited for you being in this group! :)

    ReplyDelete