6.29.2010

Spoiled Rotten.

I had an awesome birth-week.


My mom and dad got the bike I mentioned a couple blogs back....I am tickled pink to get to ride that beautiful mint-green machine when we get back from vacation. I will dazzle you all with pictures of it later. I even found the most perfect helmet to wear with it. She does need a nickname though....hmmm. "Grasshopper", maybe?
Thanks for my bike, Mom and Dad!

Matt surprised me with a super gift to kick-off my 1/2 marathon training. Have you ever heard of the Nike+Ipod?


Let me give you alittle info on this bad boy: 
The chip goes in your shoe (I splurged and got the Nike shoe that actually comes with the little hole under your left shoe pad...pops right in there...Thanks Ed and Beth for that $), you put the attachment on your ipod, pick the program you want to train on (3k,5k,10k, 1/2 marathon, Full), press start on your ipod and you are out the door! This thing tracks your pace, distance, time, and calories burned. Wait, there is more: When you get home, you can dock your ipod with iTunes and it uploads your workout to a website that keeps all your data! Ridiculous. Good job, Husband! Also, thank you for getting me out of bed in the morning to get my tush in gear. I am a grouch in the morning and he endures it to push me on to my goals.

Speaking of pushing me to get out of bed, I officially started training this morning. By "training", I mean actually training to run. You see, I'm not a runner. I have always viewed running as a pointless hobby done by health freaks that have nothing else going on in their lives. When it all comes down to it though, running is amazing for your body. Case in point: I have lost 2.9 pounds since Wednesday (we took a couple jogs last week to play with my new toy). In a couple weeks when I don't feel like I am dying anymore, I'm sure I will change my attitude an actually start to enjoy it. Oh, and here is what I am doing this week to teach me how to run: 

June 28-July 3 Schedule

                               Monday       Tuesday    Wednesday    Thursday     Friday        Saturday 
                            Walk 2 min       Walk       Walk 2 min      Walk      Walk 2 min      Walk
                              Run 1 min     30-45min     Run 1 min    30-45min    Run 1min     30-45min

I have more to tell you, but I have been up since 5:30am this morning and I still have to pack tonight. We leave for Milwaukee tomorrow after work! I am sooooo excited. And don't worry, I already have my workout clothes packed and ready to go. Even on vacation we will be logging the miles :) 

See you next week!


0 comments:

Post a Comment