2.08.2011

Pity Party.

I feel like C.R.A.P. today.
gross, snotty, runny nose.
stuffy head.
horrible cough.
swollen eyelid.
A true beauty to behold.

I have been throwing a pity party all day long. I am desperate to get rid of this cold. DESPERATE.

I started the day off with a healthy smoothie...
my new go-to-breakfast recipe:

The Green Monster:
1 cup soy milk
1 tbsp flax seed
1 tbsp peanut butter
2 handfuls of spinach leaves
1 frozen banana

Give those guys a blend. Enjoy.

Now, you will most likely turn your nose up to this smoothie. I don't blame you. I was guily of that same judgment for months. But, I promise that you will like it. You could even though in a couple scoops of vanilla protein powder....and it will knock your socks off.

I enlisted the help of an old friend, Mucinex.

Seeing as I work at a Chiropractic/Acupuncture office, I have gotten 2 acupuncutre treatments in the last week. I hate taking medicine and only defer to taking something if I am in a pickle. With the half marathon only 16 days away, I am in a huge pickle.
And let's not forget prayer. Lots of it.

2 comments:

  1. The common cold is often viral, so meds are of no help. But if you don't feel better, get to your local family physician so she :) can determine if antibiotics are helpful. Try massaging your sinuses during a warm shower (sides of your nose out onto cheek, notch between eyes, and between and slightly above your eyes). Apply pressure to middle of each location and move out laterally in a sweeping motion. Repeat with increasing pressure. Massage your temples in a circular pattern. Better yet, lay down and make Matt do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gah! Son of a gun! I thought for sure you wouldn't get sick!

    ReplyDelete