I cannot stay away from the library. I think I am starting to get silently judged by the librarian that is working everyday that I am there.
She doesn't share the same love that I have for Cookbooks. Who cares that I check out 5 at a time? She does. She looks at me, scans my card, scans the cookbooks, looks at me, sighs, stamps them with the return date, looks at me again, looks at the screen that shows all the books I currently still have at home, looks at me, slides them across the counter to me, and then stares at me while thinking, "Girl, you have a problem. No one should be checking out this many cookbooks on a weekly basis." Well, I can't help it. I mean, have you been to the library lately to flip through all those fancy new cookbooks? Have you? You need to.
It's like cracking open a beautiful door into the wonders of culinary fairylands. I cannot help myself.
This week, I literally yanked this puppy of the shelf, plopped myself down in one of their cushy library chairs, flipped through every.single.page, hugged it tight to my chest, and bounced up the counter. Normal? No. But I am sure I looked adorable while doing it.
The cookbook of ALL cookbooks. A cookbook OF cookbooks.
Feast your eyes upon this: (ha...get it...feast.)
I may have just found my "Cook through an entire cookbook" challenge. However, I would skip the meat ones, or just substitute the ingredients for something other than animal.
Oh boy, oh boy, oh BOY!
I have the same problem...the same lady is working the desk every time I am there and I get the feeling she's sick of me. Wonder if it's the same one!
ReplyDeleteShort, grey hair? Stylish, elastic waste pants? Velcro tennis shoes?
ReplyDeleteWe call her "Roz" from Monster's Inc.