Did you hear the news?
I'm training for a Half-Marathon.
Not just any, plain ol', boring half marathon....THE PRINCESS HALF!
I completed my first week while in Milwaukee. I was thrilled that I stuck to my routine while on vacation. Good job, Courtney! I cannot begin to tell you how amazing it is to look back at week 1 and see the progress made in 6 short days. First day out, I was supposed to walk 2 mins, run 1 min and complete that 10x's. GOOD GRIEF! Chubs here couldn't even run for a full minute! But by Saturday morning, I could run all the minutes and still breathe at the end of 30 minutes! Talk about a self-esteem booster....this is great!
Week TWO showed no mercy.
Tuesday we were hit with the glorious humidity that St. Louis dishes out. And, along with the hotness, week 2 wanted me to run for 2 mins, walk 1 minute and do it 10x's. EXCUSE ME? Where was the easy stuff we did last week? There I was, in the middle of busy Tower Grove Park, hot, sweaty, and on round 6 I threw a tantrum. My first training tantrum. We walked the rest of the way home....Matt tried his hardest to encourage me to stick with the program...but I didn't want to hear it. Wednesday we walked the regularly scheduled 30 minutes, and by Thursday morning I was feeling pretty guilty about my tantrum. I set out by myself Thursday afternoon....and to my surprise: I ran/walked a whole mile in 11 minutes! Again, totally shocked at the progress. At best, my previous times were an 17/18 minute mile. Holla!
Saturday was the hardest and most rewarding one yet.....6 sets of running FOUR (4) MINUTES and walking 1 minute. FOUR MINUTES of running, with a grand total of TWENTY-FOUR MINUTES! RUNNING! Holy cow....but you know what- I DID IT! All of it....24 minutes of running! We even shaved down our mile per minute time to 10:23. Hot dog! This is going to work. We have to repeat that today (sunday) but I'm not worried. Bring it on!
Week 3 looks like this:
Monday: Rest
Tuesday: Run 5 mins/walk 1 min (Repeat 5x's)
Wednesday: Walk 30 mins
Thursday: Run 5 mins/walk 1 min (Repeat 5x's)
Friday: Walk 30 mins
Saturday: Run 6 mins/walk 1 min (Repeat 4x's)
Sunday: Run 6 mins/walk 1 min (Repeat 4x's)
I also registered for my first 5k yesterday. I will participating and fundraising for the ThriVe St. Louis 5K on August 21st! You can donate here....and support me along the way!
0 comments:
Post a Comment