8.21.2010

5k day.

Today didn't go exactly like I had hoped it would. 
I realize I shouldn't be so hard on myself. 
I finished the 5K today in 43:35. 
VERY HILLY...and I was not prepared for that.
Matt did awesome. He finished in 29 minutes. 
Superstar! 
I think we are going to sign up for another 5k for September. 
I want to finish in a faster time, and run the entire thing.
I am the tortoise. 
He is the hare. 
I think I just figured out what our costumes should be in October for the Halloween 10K! 

5 comments:

  1. hey, don't be hard on yourself, you finished! i don't know that i would be able to finish one! oh, i just finished the first week of the couch to 5k program. you've inspired me! thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Keli! I'm happy to hear of your new 5K adventure....Jump on the bandwagon! As your inspiration, may I request a photo tour of your new bungalow?

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg! you freakin' did a 5K! remember in the beginning when you couldn't even run at all???? i am so proud of you and can't wait to hear about the costumes. tell matt to quit being a show off :p

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not only did you meet your goal of completely a 5k AND in a freakishly short time frame, you are brilliantly forward thinking to the Halloween 5k. I am impressed with your achievement and that sexy brain, both! Woot woot. (Now please tell me that dinner will be rescheduled?)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good job Courtney! I started an 8 week training program in May for a 5K....and I haven't quite made it to week 8 yet. Haha! Anyway, good work! :)

    ReplyDelete