Highs and Lows from this weekend.
I will start with the Low:
I have eaten nothing but crap. Pure Crap. We had company = Eating out. Don't get me wrong, it is possible to eat out and not overindulge. However, that was not the case for me. My fingers are swollen to little sausages, I think I am experiencing heartburn, and I slept for 11 hours last night. All signs of my old life. I just watched Food, Inc. (again) to get my brain on track, my stomach to shut-up, and to stay out of the kitchen. If you haven't watched that movie, I suggest you do.
Moral from this weekend:
Now with the High:
I ran 3.1 miles, non-stop, in 41 minutes last night. I am officially 2 weeks ahead of schedule in my training. I start week 7 tomorrow. My 5k is 2 weeks away. I ran for 41 minutes straight. My program is to teach me how to run for 30 minutes straight at the end of 8 weeks. Booyah! Huge self-esteem booster.....(just wish I would have stayed away from the food temptations)
We are going to stray from week 7's program this week and stick with the 3.1 mile loop around Tower Grove Park. My new goal is to knock my time down as close to 30 minutes as possible by August 21st.

you are going to do great in the 5k! so exciting! way to go on the 3.1 miles!!
ReplyDeleteCourtney, you are a rock star. I told Leah (my friend that ate with us at The Fountain if you remember...) about your journey and she asked for your blog address so she could read all about it. You are an inspiration to many :)
ReplyDelete