1.29.2012

What's Cooking This Week?

I want to share a couple pictures I failed to share from last week. I am trying my hardest to get in the habit of taking pictures during the day to share. I get really good in the morning, and then by the end of the day I haven't captured anything. Go ahead and say it...I need to hear it. Ready? "Girl, get your act together!". See...now we both feel better.

 There it is. The break down of how I will run our upcoming half marathonS. I capitolized that "S" because Matt and I are registered for TWO half marathons....FOUR weeks apart. Idiots.
 ELT.
Eggs, lettuce, Tempeh Bacon. 
Or "Fakin' Bacon", as the wrapper said.
This sandwich is actually better than any sandwich with pork bacon. I promise you.
 I still hate running. 
Still.
 But man do I love a peaceful, chilly, sun filled morning in Tower Grove Park.
 Um, so maybe I snapped this picture while driving...on interstate 70...on my way home from campus. I was capturing two things, 1) the sun was still up at 5:25pm, 2) the sun was still up at 5:25pm.
 Oh, just another delicious dinner from last week. 
 Bread
I made it. You should too.
Eggs. Homemade Bread. Sauteed Beets&Potatoes. 
Random Fact: Beets make your pee purple. 
You are welcome. 

 On zee menu for zis week: 

Theme: whydidn'tIlookattheweatherbeforeplanningsomuchsoup? 

Breakfast:
eggs of some fashion 
pancakes 
green monster smoothies 

Lunch:
leftovers from the night before 
peanut butter & jelly 
salads 
popcorn  
hummus and pretzels 
fruit 

Dinners: 
veggie potpies (never got to them last week) 
spiced parsnip soup  *made tonight for monday dinner 
acorn squash & turnip soup  *made tonight for lunches tomorrow
spinach gnocchi w/ marinara 


Go ahead and click on those pretty blue words to get those recipes. Do it. For real. Challenge yourself to make something new this week. I DARE YOU.

0 comments:

Post a Comment