4.05.2012

To the Streets of Springfield,

13.1 miles through the streets of Springfield, IL on April 7th. 

Yes, the April 7th that is two days away.
Yes, I am crazy. 
No, I have not trained appropriately. 
Yes, I am terrified of being the last one to finish. 
Yes, I am crazy. 
Yes, Matt will be finishing a good hour before I do. 
Yes, Katie will beat me. Again. 
No, I do not take myself seriously while running. 
Yes, I do dance while running. 
Yes, you can come take pictures if you don't believe me.

I am ashamed to admit that my excitement is being saved for the minute they put that big ol' shiny penny around my neck. I have a sickness that can only be cured by half marathon medals. Sigh.

Why can't other sports hand out huge necklaces? 

I made my running playlist this afternoon, hydrated like a boss, and resisted the urge to chew off all my fingernails due to anxiety. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment