9.06.2012

Three Thing Thursday

Three quick things before I jet to class.....

1) My Dad ran his first 5k on Monday! I know, he's pretty awesome. Now we are a whole family that runs! My Mom ran AND placed 3rd in her age division. Rockstars. Matt joined in the fun and ran his fasted 5k. Show-off. Every single one of these speed demons can run faster than me!
2) Call me lazy. Call me green. But I have started a new habit of drying my hair in the car by rolling down the windows. With a 40 minute commute to campus, and a 20 minute commute to work, I find it the ultimate way to multitask. My hair turns out surprisingly curly, and huge for the first hour after getting out of the car. After it calms down though, I really like it. Try it. 
3) Today was my follow-up appointment with Specialist #2. Long, boring, story short: I appear to be fine. No lupus, no autoimmune disease, no liver issues. Am I happy? Yes. Am I disappointed that I apparently have wasted 9 months of going to the doctor and pointless referrals? Yes. Was I hoping for some kind of answer as to what is going on with my body? Yes. What is my next step? I am going to attack this with a new attitude. Accept my "new body and all that comes with it", strive even harder to get to a weight that is not "overweight", continue running and exercising, and clean out the parts of my diet that are questionable. Learn from where my journey has taken me in the past several months. Move forward. Be thankful.
 

1 comment:

  1. Love the post today....especially the part about your crazyness with doctors. I believe u can beat whatever is going on. Your plan is excellent. As for the three runners in your blog.....I know two of them were.....and sill r....encouraged by u to start running:) Very proud of u!!!!

    ReplyDelete