11.17.2010

Music.Sugar.Leaves.Run.Chucks.Roller.

November 12th, 2010.

Matt, Cale, Gretchen, Jaime, Aimee, and I took off to Greenville, IL to fill our ears with great music from Brian Lee & His Orchestra and Brother Leather. Musical geniuses. I loved the company, the car ride there, the music, the car ride back home, a midnight meal at Uncle Bill's (I cheated and had pancakes)and I hit my pillow that night with a smile on my face.

Here is a short clip of what you missed from Andy's new adventure as Brother Leather: 

This is an acoustic version of Milk and Honey from Brian Lee & His Orchestra:


November 13th, 2010. 

To keep up with my current training for December 18th 5K, Matt and I took our 2.25 mile adventure to the streets. We ran from our apartment, through Tower Grove Park, down the back side of the Botanical Gardens on Magnolia, up the West side on Alfred, to the front Gates of the Gardens. I ran most of the route (stopping at stop lights to not be hit by cars) to complete 2.25 miles in 27:02 minutes. I'll take it! I felt great. Saturday mornings are free for city residents until Noon...so we strolled right in to continue our cool down. We haven't been to the Botanical Gardens in the fall.
  The leaves were beautiful. I love, love, love fall. 
We gathered up a new posse of peeps to head to South County for our first Arch Rival Roller Derby experience. OH.MY.GOODNESS. What a blast! The girls were amazing, their nicknames were hysterical, the crowd was, well, interesting to say the least, and I fell in love with the sport. Now, most of you are probably like, "Roller derby? Really, Courtney?". I would first advise you to rent the movie "Whip It!". It has a huge cast and if you like movies like Juno or Napoleon Dynamite, you will love it. It's the movie that sparked our interest in the sport and it will you too. I finally came up with my derby name....Princess Slaya. (giggle) It's not original, but I like it! 
 The girl with the fish net tights, Downtown Dallis, was one of my favs.


 This girl was my hero. Problem was, she moves so fast I couldn't get a clean shot of her.

Kelly, Matt, and I wore our chucks. We are cute like that.

That was our weekend. It was one of my favorites.

0 comments:

Post a Comment