11.04.2010

the.random.one.

Today's post is going to a visual one. I don't want to bore you with solo ramblings about each thing that I missed blogging about over the past month. Instead, I will just hit you with my favorites. Win-Win!
Nashville, Tn

We had the great pleasure of visiting different parts of Nashville on our recent trip down. In our past trips, we were there for very short times which didn't allow us to really explore. We made several stops: Ryman Auditorium, Hatch Show Prints, Tootsie's, The Shops by Vanderbilt and Belmont, the most adorable coffee shops, Loveless Cafe, Downtown Franklin and the Franklin Civil War Reenactment, and the big finale of the Halloween 5K/10K 



O'Round Town
We dined at a few places last month that delighted my tastebuds. 

Sweetie Pie's in the Grove: It is the mother-load of home-cooked, southern style, comfort food. I highly suggest you allow yourself to go there atleast once. (too many visits could be deadly)  Matt and I both had the catfish...and I indulged in their mac-n-cheese. We left STUFFED and with enough food left over for a meal on Sunday.

Hartford Coffee House: In an effort to explore S. City on a semi-regular basis, we stumbled upon this hidden gem. You could totally miss this coffee house if you aren't looking for it...but I urge you to seek it out next time you are around Tower Grove. I fell in love with the atmosphere the second I walked in the door. Hard-wood floors, tons of windows, friendly staff, and great local art on the walls. We both had wraps..and shared a sugar-high-worthy frappe.Love it!  

Pizza-A-Go-Go: OH-MY-PIZZA-GOODNESS. I'm not really sure why Matt and I have lived in St. Louis for almost 6 years and haven't heard of this pizza place. We went on a "favorite foods" binge before kicking off our new vegetarian journey. I didn't think I would miss pizza that much, but I DO miss this pizza. I promise, no matter what my eating lifestyle is in the next coming weeks, I would gladly break rules to eat this pizza with you.

My office dressed up for Halloween.I wanted to not only show-off our costumes this year, but last year as well. It was hilarious hearing all the guesses about my costume. For the most part, people got it right....but I loved the occasional, "Are you grapes?"

2009 Halloween
2010 Halloween


We snapped some fall pictures of St. Louis on a lazy day playing tourist. I often forget how much I truly do love St. Louis. If you look real close to the one on the left, you can see me leaping for fall happiness!

0 comments:

Post a Comment