To be completely honest...I truly enjoyed last week. I was full, clear headed, productive, and happy. I think I went through a couple sugar withdrawals and I was pretty tuckered from by early morning workouts, but overall it was a blast! It is amazing how eating nutrient packed foods can really keep you full throughout the day.
I want to share a couple favorite items I found at Trader Joe's:
I guess I am not the only one that is head over heels for this can of deliciousness. They can't even keep it in stock! I ate this chili for lunch with a chopped up sweet potato plopped right down in it! Y.u.M.m.Y!
Individually wrapped, perfect portions of raw almonds. I totally turned my nose down to eating raw nuts this week. I put it off until Tuesday, and it only took one of these tasty friends to melt my heart. My life will never be the same. Plus, these guys can lower cholesterol, reduce the risk of heart disease, and ward off diabetes. They sure did keep my tummy full.
I admit: I do miss dairy.Matt hates this almond milk, but I do have an open mind to it. It tastes alright, and I hear that it is great to cook with.
Goddess Dressing and Tuscan Italian Dressing have brought joy to our salads. The Goddess Dressing is probably the best dressing I have ever found that...drum roll please....is SUGAR FREE! Oh my. Matt loves the Tuscan Italian and that dressing only has 2 grams of sugar. If you have been searching for a good salad dressing and don't have a trader joe's handy to you, I will personally mail you some.
The scale was my friend this week too. I lost almost 5 pounds this week! Other perks: My skin looks better, my hair isn't shedding like crazy, I'm not bloated anymore, and I sleep like a princess. I found some great new vegetarian websites last week and I am going to try out some new recipes this week. I'm trying to take things easy so I don't burn myself out too quickly. I found a pumpkin spice smoothie for breakfast, and a vegan pita pizza for dinner. Keeping it fresh!



0 comments:
Post a Comment