Last month we (re)joined the YMCA that is 3 minutes from our house. My initial intentions was to get somewhere that I could continue to run once the weather turns wintery cold outside. AND...to sign up for free classes! My first one started yesterday morning and it kicked my butt! For the next 6 weeks, from 5:45a - 6:45a MWF, I will be sweating, grunting, and loving my "Fitness Challenge" class. It is the closest thing to a true bootcamp style class I have taken and I am excited to see how I strengthen up in the coming weeks! My whole body hurts today...literally. (I secretly like it)Next up for us was starting round 2 of my weight-loss adventure. I found an awesome book, Eat to Live, at Whole Foods while in Nashville a couple weeks ago. We started the 6 weeks of vegetarian diet, and I am excited! This book was not the first thing that has sparked my interest in vegetarian-ism. The joys of netflix have allowed me to watch a couple documentaries lately that have opened my eyes to the way I have been eating and what I have been eating. If you have any interest or time, please check out Foodmatters and Vegan Gal.
What did I eat yesterday?
Breakfast: a cup of old fashion oatmeal, flaxseed, a banana, and an orange.(I was stuffed to the gills)
Lunch: A huge salad with raw mushrooms, broccoli, carrots, tomato, and a table spoon of goddess dressing. Whole-wheat pita with hummus, side of carrots. A kiwi and a grapefruit. (STUFFED again)
Dinner: A small sweet potato, 1 cup of vegetarian chili from Trader Joe's, and an apple. (Amazing dinner...even Matt loved it!)
I was surprisingly full all day long. This may be more than just a 6 week adventure for me.....
0 comments:
Post a Comment