11.22.2010

This week's menu.

We are entering week 4 of being vegan. Well, by we, I mostly mean me because Matt has been cheating up a storm on the weekends. I still love him, and the stinker is also dropping more weight than me. Grrrrr to men and their amazing ability to lose weight without trying.

On to food. I picked up some new (to me) items at Trader Joe's on my 20 minute dash through TJ's on Friday night. That's right. I went grocery shopping on a friday night, on the last-weekend-before-thanksgiving-shopping, by myself. Packed. I picked up packages,skimmed ingredients, threw stuff in my cart, glanced at my list, and prayed I would make it out of there alive. Phew. Intense.

The check-out lady was very chatty and kind...she kept sharing recipes with me. I liked her alot.

Here is my menu for the this week (and half of next) along with a few new favorite finds of last week.

Monday:
Breakfast: pumpkin smoothie, coffee, almonds (mid-morn snack)
Lunch:  vegan chili, sweet potato, apple, orange, kiwi
Dinner:  vegetable radiatore with eggplant, tofutti mini ice cream bar
Tuesday:
Breakfast: pumpkin smoothie, coffee, almonds (mid-morn snack)
Lunch: vegan lentil soup, baked potato, banana, kiwi, orange
Dinner: pita pizza, salad, dark chocolate almond milk
Wednesday:
Breakfast: oatmeal with pumpkin, coffee, almonds (mid-morn snack)
Lunch: vegan black bean soup, sweet potato, apple, orange, pineapple
Dinner: meat-less-ball pita sandwiches, veggie melody, chocolate soycream bar
Thursday: 
Breakfast: oatmeal with pumpkin, coffee, almonds (mid-morn snack)
Lunch: *thanksgiving at miller in-laws*
            I am packing-veggie burger, salad, sweet potato, hummus, carrots, pineapple
Dinner: vegan chili (my fav)
Friday:
Breakfast: pumpkin smoothie, coffee, almonds (mid-morn snack)
Lunch: pad thai bowl, salad, fruit
Dinner: pita pizza, salad, tofutti mini bar
Saturday:
Breakfast: oatmeal w/ banana, coffee, almonds (mid-morn snack)
Lunch: *thanksgiving at nanny barb's*
           I am packing: veggie burger, salad, sweet potato, hummus, carrots, pineapple
Dinner: tbd
Sunday: 
Breakfast: sleep-in
Lunch: polenta with corn salsa&black beans, salad, fruit
Dinner: leftovers
Monday: 
Breakfast: oatmeal w/ banana, coffee, almonds (mid-morn snack)
Lunch: big ol' salad, hummus wrap with veggies, fruit
Dinner: Enchiladas, pineapple
Tuesday: 
Breakfast: pumpkin smoothie, coffee, almonds (mid-morn snack)
Lunch: big ol' salad, hummus wrap with veggies, fruit
Dinner: Tofu soft tacos with guac, soycream bar
Wednesday:
Breakfast: oatmeal, fruit, coffee
Lunch: subway
Dinner: Date Night!



 Trader Joe has been my bff for the past month. You can only imagine how I fell even harder for him this week when I stumbled upon a product list of everything he has that is VEGAN. A WHOLE LIST. And, on top of that, I found chooseveg.com and they supplied me with a list of vegan friendly restaurants within just a few miles of my house. All you have to do is just type in your zipcode...and they do all the work.

*giggle*

1 comment:

  1. i LOVE the kind fruit and nut bars. the almond & coconut ones taste just like almost joy candy bars. there's not even chocolate, it's crazy! i'm a big kind bar fan. huge. i'm also a huge TJ's fan and stock up on some of my favorite products every time i visit my sister in the chicago area. delicious brown rice pasta for only $1.99/lb? yes please! crunchy almond butter with toasted flax seeds? mmmmm.

    ReplyDelete