6.11.2011

Confessions.

I'm not quite prepared to start spilling the beans on what I have learned about myself in counseling yet. I do want to get serious with you someday soon, but today is not the day. 

Instead, I am going to share some random confessions of things I have notices this week. I should be writing a paper right now (yeah, only 1 week *2 class meetings* and I am already writing papers) but I justify a blog post as a "paper". Also, I posted a couple days ago that I was still waiting on my book to arrive, and ACED my first quiz without it. Thank you to the random person who posted her notes online for chapters 1-5 from 2 years ago...saved my life. 

1) I found a new t.v. series on Netflix Tuesday night. I'm way too old to be watching it...but I can't stop. Bases of the plot: Spoiled, elite, 16 year old gymnasts, and the drama that goes along with their lives. Matt thinks the acting is atrocious, and sadly I agree. It's kinda over the top, but it's an ABC Family show and that is what they are known for.


2) I tried to prepare myself for community college. Mentally. Don't get me wrong, I love my Nutrition class. I am already challenged, love my teacher, and can really see how great this next year and a half is going to be. My Communications class, on the other hand, makes me want to pull my hair out. I gave myself a pep talk Wednesday night to keep my head on straight and get the most out of this experience. I still can't get over the fact that my Communications class from a FOUR YEAR UNIVERSITY didn't transfer to a 2 year. Courtney, it was 10 years ago.  Wow.  Blah, Blah, Blah....break out the pity party hats for me. And yes, I do scan my classrooms casting who I want in my library study group like on Community. So far, no one has made the cut. But I haven't given up hope just yet.

3) I'm back on facebook. Ugh, facebook. It's fine, I am bored with it already. I did give up twitter. Twitter was like crack. Facebook just let's me see pictures, and occasionally check in with people I don't get to see in person. Win-win. I do find myself with an overwhelming urge to "friend" perfect strangers just for the heck of it. Or, to go through and "friend" everyone I have ever met in my life. I am still intrigued by the whole process. It blows my mind. 

4) I have lived in St. Louis for 6 years. Still to this day, I am in complete denial of rush hour traffic. I have been spoiled that I have never had more than a 15 minute commute. Did I mention that I have to drive to Florissant Valley for class now? Blerg. 30 minutes, if the traffic is flawless. 45-50 if I get stuck behind morons. I realize that is harsh, but they truly are morons. Yes, I do have road rage. 

5) I plateaued, AGAIN. 4 pounds down last week. YAY! Ahem....now I am stuck at 160. It gets worse. The gym class I am in for the summer, the instructor told us to stay away from the scale for the next 7 weeks. Supposedly, I will lose fat during this time period, but the scale is actually going to go in the other direction. FOUR pounds away. Do I give that goal up and be happy with my body fat percentage going down instead? OY. 

6) I totally slacked in the kitchen this week. I cooked, one gigantic pot of vegan chili to last us half a week, and homemade pizza last night. Not my finest hour in the nutrition department. I'm working on next weeks menu in the car this weekend. I'll get there....stay tuned. 

7) I have one more tiny paycheck coming next friday...then we are officially a one income household. Believe me when I say this: I only mention this so that I acknowledge what is coming, and stop secretly freaking out about it. Part of me is freaking out, and the other is welcoming the challenge. Pray for us. 

8) I cannot wait for the weather to chill out so I can get back to running. Did you hear that nonsense?! I miss running. 

I'm sure there were a couple more that popped in my head this week, but I seem to be drawing a blank. 

What confessions do you have?

0 comments:

Post a Comment