8.05.2012

Hello, August.

August, right? It kinda catches you off guard. But here it is, and we should embrace it.

June and July were swamped with working, summer practicum, overly volunteering, birthdays, anniversaries, doctor appointments, and failed exercise programs. Phew. I am glad that is all behind me and we can move on. New goals. New month. New attitude.

Oh yeah, speaking of birthdays...I turned 30 in June and have yet to share that wonderful day with you. I should do that sometime soon.....

Do you have any big plans for August? We have a couple: Matt is turning 30 in a week. We are trying to cram his celebrations into an overly-scheduled weekend. I hope it works out better than it looks on paper. We have the COLOR RUN on August 18th. We are super excited but there is a little part of me that is fearful to be multicolored when I go to work the next day.

My goals this month:
1) Keep running! This one shouldn't be so difficult. Why? Because we have started a "Top Floor Fitness Challenge" with our upstair neighbors. It started this past Monday and we rocked the first week. Becca and I have started a 10K running app. Rough but doable. There's nothing like a calendar with star stickers to motivate you to get going! Literal star stickers.
2) Jillian's 30 Day Shred- I found the videos on Youtube and officially started restarted last night.
3) Get in a groove. I sorely lack a routine right now. The last two months were a "go here" "do this" "find time for that" type of life. I need a schedule to keep my fanny in line. Insert Cassie's amazing time grid here. She really went to town on whipping her schedule in shape to find a new routine. I want to follow in her footsteps. Here I go!

Oh, and one more: 4) BLOG. I worked out a daily post schedule to keep me on track until I can branch out into posting whatever I want. Why do I have this thing if I don't put effort into it? Right.

Embrace August.

0 comments:

Post a Comment