To get caught up, I am going to cram Monday-Tuesday-And Today all in one. Don't worry, I will just hit the highlights so this post isn't a scroll-down fest.
MonDayte Night:
We used to do something on Tuesday nights, but my work schedule changed for the fall semester so Monday became the next easiest night for us to spend some one-on-one time together. Our default is to go to the movies. I wanted to do an outside activity that we hadn't done in the 7 years of being in St. Louis: Paddle Boating at the Boathouse in Forest Park. OH my. It was a gorgeous evening for it too. I fixed us a dinner that we ate on the patio, headed to forest park for an hour long paddle, and then back to the apartment for the first firepit of the late summer season.Tasty Tuesday:
Monday's CSA was easily one of my favorites. It wasn't very hard to find recipes or inspiration from this week's haul. I liked the balance of veggies, fruit, and protein. It was alittle lighter than the past couple weeks, but a welcomed amount.
Menu for the week:
Tuesday- veggie hash w/ eggs
quinoa, goatcheese, and beets
Wednesday- cereal
stuffed poblano peppers, roasted cabbage
Thursday- oatmeal
leftover poblano peppers (night class)
Friday- pancakes with fruit topping
leftover smorgasbord
WOW- WorkitoutWednesday
It is an act of God that I have been working out on a regular basis since the beginning of August. My body is starting to really hate me, but I am not using that as an excuse to lay in bed in the morning. It also helps that Becca or Katie, or in some cases both of them, are waiting for me outside on running days. We are on our 4th week and no one has had to put a dollar in the jar yet. Hooray!
Yesterday, I hit the pavement with Chicago-Marathon-Training-Katie. This girl dragged me all over S.City. I haven't logged 5 miles since May. It was a beautiful morning. Oh, go ahead and click here and go share some words of encouragement with Katie before you leave. You can also check out some of my Color Run photos from this past weekend that I am too lazy to upload. (they are on the other computer)
Alright. There ya go. Good night.
0 comments:
Post a Comment