I pick up one of our CSA shares on Monday nights now. Our second CSA get's delivered on Thursday nights. Needless to say, I went overboard on my love for supporting local farmers. Not a bad thing at all. It just leaves us with an abundance of veggies in our house. Again, not a bad thing. Sure, I am on my toes trying to cook everything before it goes bad. More cases than not I am successful. I am going to try my darnedest to share my CSA haul and the recipes I intend to make over the next week. This should be the new Tuesday post to share.
So what did I get Monday night?
Coffee
Cherry Tomatoes
Del Carmen Black Beans
Red and Yellow Potatoes
Cantelope
Beets
Pears
DUCK EGGS
Skinny Eggplants
Apples
Green Peppers
Peppers of some other type
Cucumbers*
Red Onion*
Leek*
(*got cut off in the picture)
I have a couple things left in the refrigerator to add to the list.
2 Ears of Corn
4 Other Peppers
2 Squash
1 Patty Pan Squash
1 Fat Egglplant
3 Yellow Onions
1 Dozen Eggs
12 Apples
7 Potatoes
So what did I get Monday night?
![]() |
| blurry picture. not sure what happened. |
Cherry Tomatoes
Del Carmen Black Beans
Red and Yellow Potatoes
Cantelope
Beets
Pears
DUCK EGGS
Skinny Eggplants
Apples
Green Peppers
Peppers of some other type
Cucumbers*
Red Onion*
Leek*
(*got cut off in the picture)
I have a couple things left in the refrigerator to add to the list.
2 Ears of Corn
4 Other Peppers
2 Squash
1 Patty Pan Squash
1 Fat Egglplant
3 Yellow Onions
1 Dozen Eggs
12 Apples
7 Potatoes
We have alot of food to eat this week. Exciting and overwhelming at the same time. I have been searching pinterest, foodgawker, and cracking open some of my beloved cookbooks. I want to be able to use as much as a can in each dish. I did just that with breakfast this morning. Summer Veggie Hash with Duck Eggs. Chopped up some mouthwatering cantaloupe. Oh man.
via howsweetseats.com
serves 3-4
4 medium yukon gold potatoes, chopped into cubes
1/2 red onion, chopped
1 medium zucchini squash, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 red pepper, chopped
2-3 ears grilled corn on the cob, cut off the cob
1 teaspoon olive oil (you may not need this)
2 green onions, chopped
3-4 large eggs
smoked sea salt + pepper
Add peppers and onions (and another little sprinkle of salt and
pepper) to potatoes and cook for another 5 minutes, stirring. At this
time you may need to add the additional teaspoon of olive oil depending
on how much bacon fat is left. After 5 minutes, add in the zucchini and
garlic and cook for 5 minutes more, stirring. Turn off heat, then stir
in grilled corn and bacon. Top with sliced green onions. Serve with an
egg on top.
If I land my dream job of owning my very own bed and breakfast when I grow up....you will totally find this on the menu.
Menu for the week:
Veggie and Black Bean Tacos with Homemade Tortillas
Baked Potatoes with Lentil Soup
Omelets
I'm pretty excited to try these recipes out!


0 comments:
Post a Comment