9.01.2011

FOOOOOOOOOOOOD.

Two things that made me happy today. 

Breakfast: 
An egg w/ green beans and potatoes. I am pretty proud of my recent skill of egg making. Two of the simplest food to make, eggs and pancakes, and I suck at both of them. Thank goodness I finally have my act together on the egg-front. I have been searching endless websites looking for fancy green bean recipes, and finally settled for a simple skillet recipe today. Delightfully simple, simply delicious. Sliced up some red potatoes (csa), brown them in a skillet with a couple tablespoons of olive oil, threw in some green beans (csa), plopped the lid on top and let the two of them become friends. I see this being a simple-go-to recipe in our days to come. Who says good food has to be rocket science? 

I rushed home tonight from "gold-nametag job" to be here when our CSA arrived at 8:00pm. Hooray...they hadn't arrived yet when I got home. I squeeled when I saw them come up the sidewalk....LOOK AT BASKET NUMBER 2: 
Don't be tricked...this box was like Mary Poppins bag of tricks. Take a gander at all that came out: 
 From left to right: Concord grapes (you can't buy these at a grocery store), 3 golden apples, 2 oranges, green beans, 2 heads of lettuce, yellow potatoes, red potatoes, 6 ears of sweet corn, 1 huge red onion, zucchini, cucumber, 3 tomatoes, cantaloupe, 4 various colors of bell peppers, a bundle of fresh herbs, carrots, small bag of okra. 


We still have stuff left from last weeks delivery. I gotta up my game in the kitchen!  Good thing we have a fellow CSA loving neighbor. I sent her across the hall with an armful of produce.

0 comments:

Post a Comment