9.24.2011

Things that make me grin.

I know I said I was taking a break, but I realized that I have many things I wanted to tell you. 

I need to go to sleep, but I can't stop thinking about how great the last two days have been. 

First off, I had to celebrate the first day off fall by buying one of these: 
{adorable}

I made a delicious dinner of oven-baked-teriyaki-marinated-tofu w/ okra. I also have a couple challenges to share with you. More to come on that subject tomorrow.
{yum}

Friday night was also the return of PAPER ROUTE to St. Louis. Ohhhh...how I love a good concert. These boys just keep bringing it. They haven't been in town since 2009. A Paper Route concert would not be right with this girl by myside:
{we heart paper route}
We always manage to stand right in front, scream like little school girls, and sing along with all the words to each song. My ears are ringing still, right now, 24 hours after the concert. But it is totally worth it. Cute side story: JT (lead singer) didn't even recognize me. Granted, we have been to 5 of their concerts in the past....but there has been a significant change in my appearance since the last time we saw them in November of 2009. 
 MOOOOOOOOSE. Ugh.
And don't even get me started on that hair cut...and the color. Oy. 
Today has been another great, great, great day. Since we didn't get home until almost 1am Saturday morning, I slept in until 10:00am. It.felt.amazing. I woke up, Matt made some pancakes {which I ate in bed while surfing the internet}, flipped through some cookbooks, made chocolate chip cookies, and went to work. After work, we met up with Jake and Caitlin at the Taste of St. Louis downtown. First time we have gone since moving here in 2005. 
 Fried Mozzarella, yes please. 
 Adorable friends, Jake and Caitlin.
 Quick tour of the inside of the Peabody Opera House.
 Fell in love with this old man demonstrating an AWESOME vegetable peeler.
 Yup. 
I bought that peeler. Oh.my.peeling.goodness.
I cannot wait to use it.
Ending the evening with a Merb's Bionic Carmel Apple. I drive by this cute little candy shop every week and see their huge billboards on 44. I am happy to have experienced this piece of St. Louis historic food item. Loved it! 
OH. I almost forgot! 
{this is where I get to brag about my weight loss again, because, well, I CAN}
I have almost no wardrobe for fall or winter. Seriously. Matt also needs clothes pretty bad, so we have started the long process of slowly rebuilding our closets. I also have some pretty exciting travel plans set up for the end of October that I needed a couple outfits for. I found some awesome sales on Francesca's website. Prepare to drop your jaw: 4 dresses and a skirt for $90. I haven't been able to fit into anything of theirs...ever. I held my breath as I tried on the first dress today after it arrived in the mail. Guess what?
THEY ALL FIT. 
I leave you on that high note. Good night!

0 comments:

Post a Comment