I set my alarm for 6:30am when I went to bed last night. But slept through it and didn't get out of bed until 7:32am.
Whoops.
I hustled to the kitchen to prepare Matt's lunch and my breakfast...he already settled for a bowl of cereal before I emerged from my slumber.
Breakfast : sliced red potatoes sauteed with pole beans (flatter version of a green bean), fried egg on top.
savory.filling.delightful.
I tried my hardest to stick as close as possible with my new routine...but sleeping in for an hour and a half set me pretty far back. I left for school 9 minutes late, and arrived to class 9 minutes late. Frown.
Snacking on grapes after class tied me over until lunch was prepared. It might not look appetizing to you, but lunch was surprisingly amazing. Field Roast makes vegan and vegetarian meat substitutes. A tad on the pricey side, but worth every penny.
Lunch: Smoked Apple Sage Sausage with left over potatoes and pole beans from breakfast.
Since today was dull...all I have left to share with you is dinner. I recently rekindled my relationship with Spark People. The more time I spend clicking around on this weight-loss website, the more I like it. Granted, I am too lazy to consistently use the food tracker, but it is an awesome resource. I fell in love with the recipe finder. And that, dear friends, is where tonight's dinner came from.
Dinner: Eggplant, Zucchini, and Squash Casserole. Chunk of bread from local bakery. oh....and 2 homemade chocolate chip cookies.
Matt was scared of it, but was the first to proclaim it's deliciousness. I am blessed to have a husband that enjoys what I produce from my tiny kitchen.
I must share with you that i have tomorrow off from class! My teacher will be at a conference {hooray}, so I am going to catch up on some reading. And, spend some time turning all these apples and pears into pies and applesauce!
i.love.fall.fruits.and.veggies.
0 comments:
Post a Comment