5.25.2012

Five Things Friday.

Matt and I just got in from a post-sunset run/walk. I don't know if you have noticed, but summer has hit St. Louis in the last couple days. Blerg. I don't like to run by myself at night...so I patiently waited for the sun to set and asked Matt to do some laps around the block. 
I have a good husband!
 It was still hot but we powered through 45 minutes. I am so glad we sucked it up and did it though. I cannot believe how amazing I felt when we strolled back up the drive way for our cool down.

I wanted to take a moment to share FIVE perfectly random things with you on this Friday evening:
1. Look who has a tiny green thumb?!
Check out these little green friends growing.
I am not sure who is who but there will hopefully be lettuce, adorable baby carrots, and some herbs to be enjoyed later this summer.
2. The state of my kitchen.
On the left, is a realistic picture of what my kitchen looked like this week. Disgusting. Literally. It stank to high heaven, I ran out of clean dishes, and it took 4 rounds in the dishwashwer to clear the counters. It's so nice to have it back to normal!
3. I am a nerd.
I may, or may not, have driven 6 miles out of my way up I-170 Thursday night to get gas that was 30 cents cheaper than the rest of St. Louis. Was it worth it? YES.

4. List.
I made a list of things that I have pictures of on my phone that need to be shared with you. That list turned out to be TWELVE activities long. 12. Prepare yourself for some serious updates.

5. Farewell Sweets and Drinks...until October.
I blame all this running crap on Miss Katie Wachter. This girl has been blazing through half-marathons for the last couple years. She recently signed up for the Chicago FULL Marathon in October. She made a crazy vow to give up "Sweets and Drinks" until she crossed the finish line. As a birthday present to her, I vowed to support her on this journey. Did you hear that?! I have given of sweets and drinks to support her. That's true love, my friends.

1 comment:

  1. Your Grandpa Booth would be proud of you for driving across town to get cheaper gas:) What of our BIG nights out when I was little was drive across the Clark (Alton) Bridge to get gas....seriously!!! He could also tell you the price of gas at every local gas station...and...when we went on vacation he would check the price in EVERY town. I'm NOT making fun of him...no way...because I do the same thing now!! I miss him soooooooooo much!! He would have been so proud of the woman you have become....and...he would love Matt.

    ReplyDelete