5.27.2012

Whatchaeatin'? {May 27-June2}

I can't seem to get it through my thick noggin', that cooking every night of the week isn't necessary. There's only two of us, but yet I continue to over-plan our menu. With that being said, I don't have many new things to share with you for this week's eats.

Sunday- pasta
Monday- Grilling out with friends at UMSL, sweet potato-black bean burgers, corn on the cob, asparagus, homemade popsicles.
Tuesday- Quinoa stirfy (my new easy go-to meal...never fails to delight)
Wednesday- Whitaker Music Festival kick-off at Botanical Garden, packing a picnic of flatbread pizzas and fancy water in mason jars.
Thursday- leftovers
Friday- Date Night!
Saturday- Good-Bye Party for our Australian Bound Friends Jon and Molly.
  
Boring, right? Live and learn. I already have some recipes in the waiting for next Sunday-Thursday. I am looking forward to a trip to the Tower Grove Farmer's Market next Saturday since I don't have to work...and just got news this week that our CSA will resume on June 14th. Hooray!

I will leave you with pictures from the cookout last Sunday. We here at the fabulous Odell flat love to get together and share a meal. Sadly, our dear friends in 1E will be moving out on Wednesday. This month's "Odell Family Dinner" was a bittersweet gathering. We dug into some fabulous homemade vegetarian dishes and watched a lightening show as a storm rolled in. A night cut too short by a rain shower. It's a good thing our downstairs neighbors won't be moving too far away!
Tofu and Veggie Kabobs, Baked Beans, and a slew of yummy appetizers. I failed to capture the hummus, black bean and corn salsa, and the amazing grilled pineapple for dessert. Another five-star dinner on the Odell Patio. 
_____________________________________________________________________________

While I am at it, I might as well share with you all the events from last weekend.  

 Friday night we headed to the Eastside to catch a Gateway Grizzlies game with our friends, Jake and Caitlin. Jake scored a groupon for tickets and we someone ended up with free tickets thanks to the guy at the ticket window. Score! Quickly into the first inning, the Grizzlies were losing pretty badly. At the top of the 2nd inning, we got in line for refreshments. I don't know if you are aware, but the Grizzlies are host to a pretty famous burger. Krispy Kreme donuts as the bun? Yup. It was all Jake had his heart set on as we finally made it up to the counter to order. Sold out. What? It was only the 3rd inning by the time we made it to the register. How is this possible?! 

We sat down in defeat and a couple minutes later, Matt leaned over to us and said, "We could be in Fairview Heights in 15 minutes. They have a Krispy Kreme and a 5 Guys Burgers. I say we go make our own." And there you have it. 15 minutes later, that is exactly what we did. 
Jake gives it a thumbs up! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment