5.21.2012

Whatchaeatin'? {May 20-26}

Phew. That, my friends, was a pretty long dry spell. Never fear! I have been toying with blog posts, planning up some pretty fun stuff for the summer, and have missed my blog enough to actually stick with it this time. I am sure you are sick of hearing about that...but it's true.

In proper Sunday form, I am scrolling through pinterest, tastespotting, and blogs to find recipe inspiration for all the tasty friends I picked up at the farmer's market yesterday. Our CSA is currently on maternity leave, so I actually have had to pick out my own vegetables for several weeks. It's painful. Too many options. I love when beautiful vegetables show up on my doorstep every Thursday! Don't get me wrong, I have strong feelings for the farmer's market, I just can't take all the options and the responsibility of picking out my own stuff. I feel like I am cheating on all the other farmer's if I don't get stuff from everyone. I am a mess.

But, I put all that aside and trucked through the Soulard Farmer's Market Saturday afternoon on my way home. I only shop the stands that are "actual" farmers. Guard your heart in Soulard, Friends. Not all those colorful foods come from local places. I did the majority of my shopping from a stand that brings in food from their Millstadt, Illinois farm. You can really tell a difference.

I am super pumped to try out all these recipes! Our refrigerator is bursting at the seams with black beans that I cooked in the crockpot last week. Goodness- so easy and so cost effective. 16oz of dry black beans, 4 cups of water, 6 hours of crockpot crocking. $3.75 from an adorable lady at the Tower Grove Farmer's Market last week. And now I have two huge bowls of black beans in the frig begging to be eatten. Pretty much all I had to pick up this week was bread, fruits and veggies, and a couple other staples. Brilliant! 


Here's what is on deck for this week:

Theme: Eatthemwholefoods!

Sunday- Grilling out on the patio with the neighbors.
Thursday- Black Bean & Sweet Potato Burgers, Asparagus, and whoever else.
Friday- Homemade Pizza (Kale, Sweet Potato, Red Onion)

Breakfasts- bagels, tea, fruit, smoothies
Lunches- leftovers stuffed into spinach wraps, pb&js, salads, fruit
Snacks- popcorn, nuts, fruit

0 comments:

Post a Comment