How do I summarize the Indy 500 Mini-Marathon?
Let's start with the negative: 94% humidity
H.O.T.
Walked the entire thing
35,000 people
Wicked sun burn
The positive:
FINISHED despite all the above
Found Katie half way through
Rekindled my
As I wobbled across the finish line (I did jog the last bit), I realized that things need to change. I have been going at this half-marathon thing all wrong. New plan, people!
I am going to start at the beginning. I downloaded a free 5k app on the iPhone and will be hitting the pavement one walk/run day at a time. We have a 5k lined up for July, have been eye-balling a 10K in September, and will round out this year with a Marathon Relay of 6 miles in November. 2013 will only involve 5k's and 10k's, possibly a 15k. All of course will involve a medal. But no more half marathons until I can consistently pound out a 10k+ without wanting to die.
It would be so much easier to quit....but there are no medals for quitters!

I love the medals. I'm doing 10k end of may with little practice then one Aug 19th. I want to compare my speed
ReplyDelete