I had high hopes for tonight's date night. Last week, Matt fell asleep at 6:45pm after sitting down after dinner. The same thing happened tonight. As I sat down to plow through the last couple pages of a book I started yesterday, he laid down on the couch with Tilly...(*time out!)
Oh. I forgot to tell you about Tilly:
- Two Fridays ago, Matt accidentally stepped on Tilly as she went rocketing through the apartment. She does that on a daily basis. She gets so excited when we come home, that she shoots from the front living room window all the way to the back bedroom in a full-steam-ahead bolt down the hallway. This time she changed course and ran under the dining room table just as Matt stepped out of her normal path.
- We rushed her to the a 24 hour vet to find out that her middle two paw bones were/are broken. They wrapped her up in a cast and send her home with us.
- She will be in a cast for 6 weeks. First 48 hours, we had to take her back 2 times to get new ones due to giving her too much freedom with her water bowl. She was soaked. And high as a kite from her pain meds.
- We are 12 days in. It's going to be a long 6 weeks.
Okay, were was I? Oh, so Matt sat down to spend time with her as I was plowing through the last chapter of this book...
Awesome book. I couldn't put "it" down. Once I realized I could download ebooks from the library, I am glued to my phone. This was the first one that I read cover to cover in less than a day. It was not a book I would normally read, but it hooked me in the first chapter and I was a gonner. Read it.
As I neared the end of the last pages, I heard the soft snore of Matt from the living room. It was 7:13pm and he was out like a light bulb.
Sigh.
Time to download another book.
Giggle.
0 comments:
Post a Comment