Sit down, relax, and scroll through about 2 months of stuff I failed to share with you. I won't bore you with a bunch of words, just highlights and summaries.
....A couple weeks ago, we went on a house Mansion Tour in a pocket of Compton Heights, not to far from our apartment. The big ticket tour was the Magic Chef Mansion. I was going to try to run down some facts about this mansion, but to keep this short I would rather you just click on the link. I wish the pictures did any kind of justice. Perhaps you will just need to come sometime and check it out for yourself.
We had to either take our shoes off, wear socks only, or put on booties over our shoes before we entered each home.
.....Matt received a facebook message a while back that we just had to check out. A coffee house, Stone Spiral Cafe, had "The Matt Miller" listed as a breakfast sandwich. There was no description of what the sandwich was made of, so we had to go investigate. Mystery solved: two bagel halves toasted, a huge amount of cream cheese, diced tomatoes, and a couple slices of hard salami. Strange, but yet all the flavors were surprising tasty together. Needless to say, Matt Miller was proud.


...The end of April brought us to the date that had been circled on our calendar for weeeeeeks. ARCH RIVAL ROLLER DERBY CHAMPIONSHIPS! This was a big deal for these amazing chicks. They were going to play their first bout in front of a huge audience at Chaifetz Arena. We went to cheer on The Stunt Devils....they gave a good fight but ended up losing. They took on 2nd place with grace! That was also the night that we watched the sky turn black and green and listened to golf ball sized hail pummel the roof of the arena. Joy!
....This little cutie-patootie is Sofia. Notice in the top pictures that she is hugging and kissing a tree, "arbol", on her own. No prompting. Juli, her mom, and I strolled through the zoo with her one day as our "exercise".
....Matt and I hosted "Odell Family Dinner Brunch" in April. Oh my. Let's see, we had homemade biscuits and gravy, tofu scramble with wraps, fruit and french toast kabobs, build-your-own-parfait, and mimosas. **We will have an opening in our building in the fall if anyone is interested. :)
....Quick photo collage of the many casts of Tilly. I failed to get a picture of the baby blue one. So, it goes like this: 1st-pink, 2nd-green, 3rd-pink, 4th-purple, 5th-pink, 6th- baby blue, 7th (current)- purple. This one is supposed to last us 2 weeks until her next appointment. If this little girl ruins this one before then, I am going to sit her outside with a change cup to make her raise money for it. Fingers crossed her next appointment will show that she is healed!
...New favorite bakery: Pint Sized Bakery. Oh dear, I am going to do some damage at this place in October. For right now, I must stick to their savory selections. Good grief. That oatmeal cookie was unspeakable.
....Summer has arrived and so has FOOD TRUCK FRIDAY at Tower Grove Park. It's bigger and better in it's second year. They have a map, volunteers to help guide people, and 18 trucks. Most of the trucks were new to us! We hit 3: Lulu's for sweet potato fries, Summer Truck for roasted veggie quiche, and Le Food Truck for curry veggie wrap.Whoa. You should come check the next one.
....Memorial Day found us on UMSL's campus grilling it up with Jake and Caitlin. I supplied our tastebuds with homemade sweet potato-black bean burgers, fresh buns from Companion Early Bird Outlet, asparagus, and corn on the cob! Delicious.
....This one is hot off the press! Just this week, Tuesday in fact, Juli taught me how to make SUSHI. My life is enriched. Watch out. I am also counting this as my "take a cooking class" item from the 29 List.
.....Ah. My trip to Nashville for a school conference. It was a long 4 days inside the Opryland Hotel with 5,000+ other students. It wasn't until the last day that I found a secluded area with comfy chair and a huge fire place. The special speakers were amazing: Amy Chua, Malcolm Gladwell, Wes Moore. It was the other parts of the conference that were less that desirable. Friday night we got to escape the bubble and head out for a nice dinner. I suggested Marche and I fell in love the minute I walked in the door. This cozy restaurant reminded me alot of Local Harvest that we have here in St. Louis. One of the waiters asked me if I was going to go home and fashion a model of the place since I was taking so many pictures. Bottom right is a picture of me and my favorite teacher: Jeanne. Not only was she the one that encouraged me to leap out of my comfort zone to come on this trip, but she is also the head of my program. We go to bond alot on the last night of the trip. She's the first teacher in my long college journey that I have ever talked to outside the classroom.
**That's it. The end. My fingers are tired and I just killed two hours.**

0 comments:
Post a Comment