6.21.2012

Health Update.....

I promised you all an update on my health awhile back. It's a long story, which is why I keep dodging the topic.

I had another appointment this morning with doctor #3. I am thrilled that we may be moving in a direction towards a diagnosis...we have only been doing this dance since the end of January (insert sarcasm)....but to get to that much deserved diagnosis, I am being referred out. For the second time. Two regular doctors, one not-so-pleasent ultrasound, a bazillion nurses that have stabbed me with needles, and two Specialists. Eye-rolls all around. 

So, what's wrong me with you ask? This month's hot topic is: Liver Enzymes, Autoimmune Disorders, and The "L" Word. Ladies and Gentlemen, I am seeing a Rheumatologist to get tested for Lupus, along with a whole slew of other autoimmune disorders.

My exact comments on the subject are, "Blerg" followed by a "I am not going to let this stop me!". I have been bouncing between worry and optimism all day.

I tell you all this for a couple reasons, 1) The scale is not going to read 155 anytime soon. My biggest, and most annoying symptom in this battle, is staying awake and having energy to accomplish everyday living. I have tried to hide it for months....but the reality is I just can't keep up with the "wiggling" like I was a couple months ago. 2) I wanted to start being open and honest with you, my audience in life. That's the whole reason I started this blog. I might as well start letting you all in on the big topics.

Keep me in your thoughts and prayers the next several weeks as I await my next appointment.

xo

2 comments:

  1. I'll most definitely be praying for you, friend! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for letting us know about your struggles. You're in our prayers

    ReplyDelete