1. This made me laugh out loud.
2. I spent Friday night and Saturday day with some lovely gal friends. We laughed, we swam, we sunbathed ( I sunburned, of course), we rowed a boat, we took turn making delicious meals, and I slept in until 10:00am Saturday morning.
3. Remember when I told you I am giving up sweets and drinks to support dear Katie while she trains for a full marathon? Well....it's been going pretty good until I had to make THESE at practicum on Monday:
Big ol' pans of made-from-scratch brownies. So gooey...smelled ah-mazing. When they started cutting them to put them on plates, I had to leave the kitchen. Oh man. To be fair, I should show you the other things I made too. The meal in whole was pretty darn awesome. Freshly prepared cesear salad, pork tenderloin with mango salsa, mashed sweet potatoes, and steamed broccoli. I made the croutons, the sweet potatoes, and the frosting. I cannot wait to see what we make tomorrow!
4. I finally made an appointment to get my hair cut. When's the last time I got my hair did? Oh...October. Yes. This flock of unruly hair upon my head is about to get shown the ways of the scissor. It is out of control. I cannot wait. I bravely made an appointment at the Paul Mitchell hair school. It's ridiculously cheap and should allow me to get decent hair cuts until I finish school. Fingers crossed. Questions is: Do I play it safe and just get a trim...or do I get adventurous. The appointment is on my birthday after all. This would be a great time to usher in a new decade of age with a bold new look. Thoughts?
5. Last night was Part 1 of a 3 part birthday celebration. Greg Laswell concert at the Old Rockhouse downtown. It was my first time at this venue, and I had mixed reviews. I do love me some Greg Laswell and the friends that joined us made the night even sweeter. Thank you Aimee, Cale, and Casey! Oh, and you too Matt...giggle.
![]() |
| Photo by ME! |




Trim. I went to the Paul Mitchell School in Springfield in college to save the bucks and an over eager student who was overly confident in her skills butchered my hair. I mean butchered. I guess it's the luck of the draw at those places :)
ReplyDeleteI agree with Hannah...trim. You can live with a trim and not ruin your birthday:)
ReplyDelete