4.04.2011

5 star weekend.

My weekend was filled with alot of laughter. Which, come on, if you are going to have a weekend, the best weekends are those with laughter. 

Friday night, Cale and Aimee came over for pizza and games. What could have been a dud in fun-land, turned out to be quite a hoot. We chowed down on some homemade pizza:
#1-whole wheat crust with mozzarella cheese, pepperoni, and jalapeno peppers. #2- garlic and herb crust with fancy cheese, and pepperoni. #3- my baby pizza with garlic and herb crust, a sauce made of half pesto half marinara, fancy cheese, and a couple leaves of spinach. 



Oh, Trader Joe's. You have changed my life.
Cale was the first one to notice that on the floor next to the dining room table...is the perfect shadow of a man in the wood floor. 
Look closely, you will see it:
After digestion, we started our first ever game of "Quelf". I cannot begin to even try to explain this game to you. But in one word, Amazing. You truly never know what to expect when you pick up a card. I kept getting stuck with ridiculous Roolz....while Matt and Aimee ended up some some pretty intense story telling cards along the course of the game.
If you find yourself bored on a weekend, or weeknight, go to Target. Pick up this game. Play. Laugh. Go to sleep that night exhausted with humor. Just look at these characters:
 Mr. Lugnut, Queen Spatula, The Platypus
 The Dude, Biscuit Farmer, Mrs. Pickle Feather

When you pick a card, the game really starts to shine. You may get rules to follow through the rest of the game, an action card that could make you sing a hillbilly song about randomness, a secret challenge until someone rolls a certain number (see Aimee's mummy head above, we had to roll a 4 so she could take if off)....... 
My personal favorite was Matt's rule of having to read everything while pretending to be an evangelistic pastor. Good times. And, playing Aimee's ventriloquist dummy "while not laughing". Yeah, right. We couldn't hold a straight face! Check out the trunk on Queen Spatula...
Only down side of the evening was candle wax.....
All.Over.The.Back.Of.The.Couch. 

 Sadly, it's all still there. I have no idea how to even begin to get it off. The dark, damp looking spots are solid. I get sick to my stomach if I look at it, think of it, or attempt to get it off. What should I do? 


Sigh....
P.S. Here is chubby me on my 27th birthday.
 This shirt was my first purchase off a "plus size clothing website". To think that I used to find joy in the fact that Forever21 has a big girls clothing line.

1 comment:

  1. Can you share your whole wheat pizza crust recipe?!? Please!!

    Also, I would try ironing a damp towel over the wax. The wax should stick to the towel, so you'll have to keep shifting the towel around. It will probably take several times to get it all off. And, I wouldn't use your good towels! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete