
Three hundred and sixty five days ago I hit rock bottom. As the number 205.7 flashed on the screen, I knew I had to kick it in gear. The scale kept going in the wrong direction. Food controled me.
I
I want to take this time to share with you what I have learned/welcomed back over the past year:
- "You are my inspiration" are t.h.e. sweetest words ever uttered to me. It humbles me, encourages me, and puts a spring in my step.
- It makes me smile that I can spin my wedding ring around my finger...and even wiggle it off with thumb and pinkie.
- Sometimes I catch myself in the mirror and blush.
- I love running. Wait, no, I hate it. It will never get easy. I think I enjoy that very aspect because I would totally have quit if running stopped challenging the crap out of me.
- Speaking of running....I FINISHED A HALF MARATHON.
- I have gone through 3 sets of wardrobes. Awesome yet annoying.
- I wish I could say that I have beat the voice in my head that screams "EEEAAATTTTTT!!!!" when I am sad or angry. I am trying my hardest to teach that voice a new word, "Pray" or "GO FOR A RUN".
- I used to wear a size 18. I am now between a 12 and a 10.
- The blog world is filled with women just like me. I am not alone. That's a good feeling.
- People don't recognize me. It makes me giggle.
- This year has taught me to stop making excuses for coasting through life. I CAN. So do it!
- Food is nutrition, not comfort. My mood, energy level, my skin, and my digestive system can instantly alert me if I have fallen off track....which leads me to-
- Listen to your body.
- Water = hydration = bliss.
- Cherish the journey.
- Watch out: Once you get one medal, your going to want more.
- Sweating is the true sign of accomplishment.
- The Biggest Loser makes me cry everyweek.
- Hummus and pesto can make everything taste better.
- Supportive friends are the best friends in the world.

Oh Courtney. I have goosebumps and tears in my eyes! I AM JUST SO PROUD of you. You really are an inspiration. I think the best part is that YES you lost the weight which is amazing but you also lost the emotional weight! uhh, so glad that the Lord doesn't leave us unchanged!
ReplyDeleteI'm running a 5K (my first race ever) on friday night. You know this already but, I would never have even started running had you not posted about your running/weight loss adventures! So, thanks! You are inspiring; to me and many others!
ReplyDelete