4.17.2011

Small Adventure Saturday (4/9)

Last Saturday was filled with small, local adventures. It was a beauuuutiful day. I enjoy finding new places and restaurants to explore. And it's even better when they are located in a different part of town than where we normally frequent.
To play along with my new challenge of shopping at "local" markets and supporting "local" growers and producers, we stumbled upon Maude's Market in Dutchtown. My heart, eyes, and senses leapt for joy as we entered the doorway.
I am still shy about taking pictures in public...so I didn't capture any of the goodies that she had inside. But let me tell you....local produce, breads, spices, applesauce, jams, jellies, butters, eggs, pastas, homemade aprons, rugs, and a cooler full of CSA pick-ups. With joy in my heart, she added me to the vegetarian CSA wait-list. She offers a vegan CSA, but Matt was pretty excited about farm raised eggs so I passed on the vegan opportunity. Either way, I will be looking forward to my "You are in" email.
After prying myself out of Maude's, we made our way a few miles to Soulard for our return to the Farmer's Market. With it only being the beginning of spring, the pickings were on the slimmer side, but I was able to still take home a bag full of fruits and veggies. I couldn't resist a peak of these little duck and chics!
Awe....fluffy bunnies!
$14.00 for all these goodies. True, it's not all from local farms, darn bananas, but it's nice to pretend.
LUNCHTIME.
I have had a local joint, Urban Eats, on my list for a couple weeks now.
So cute. So fresh. So friendly. SO GOOD.

After lunch, we had some more errands to run, and ended the day with some frozen yogurt from Chill in Clayton. Excellent end to a wonderful day.

Sigh...all done.

0 comments:

Post a Comment