4.17.2011

Go! St. Louis. GO!(4/10)


Sunday, April 10th.

Matt and I took part in the Go! St. Louis Marathon Weekend.
Around 6:45am, I took my spot in the corral. I am pretty sure I have "Corral Anxiety Syndrome". I just stood around and listened to everyone talk about pace goals, walk/run strategies, and headband chatter. I felt naked without my tutu and tiara.

Around 7:25 am, our group finally crossed the start line. My leg of the "Marathon Relay Team" was off to a good start. Granted, I was rudely made aware of how low key this marathon experience was going to be compared to running around Disney World. Not even 5 mintues in, I was hopping pot holes like puddles. I quickly learned to keep my head down for fear of breaking an ankle.
I'm not sure if you saw it on the news that day, but it was HOT. So hot and humid for an early April day....that the race was actually rerouted. It didn't go as planned, but our relay team crossed the finish line together. It turned out to be more of a glorified 10K for each of us. But we did.
I was just thrilled to have another MEDAL!

0 comments:

Post a Comment