Ahhhh...Spring Break + Spring Weather + Spring Cleaning = A Happy Courtney.
I am not a fan of "Spring Forward". Don't get me wrong, the sun is a fabulous part of the day, but I don't really get why we must spring forward or fall back. It just puts us right back to where were were before, right? Bleh.
My windows are open. I am halfway through scrubbing the kitchen up,down, inside, outside, tops, bottoms, and sides. This kitchen is a dirty kitchen. Not for too much longer.
It will be sad to see it get dirty tonight when I start cooking....but we must eat GOOD food. Must.
Dates to be Fed: Sunday, March 11th -- Thursday, March 15th.
Theme: Simple and Good.
Where I Shopped: Sappington Market ($10 off $50 Thursdays) & Local Harvest.
Breakfasts:
oatmeal
cereal
fruit
homemade poptarts
pancakes
fancy egg sandwiches
Lunch:
leftovers from dinner
salads
Dinner:
bbq portabella burgers, green beans, roasted beets & taters.
black bean soup, toasted bread
pizza
Snacks:
oat bars
popcorn
dark chocolate
green monster smoothies
fruit
By golly, I finally made those blasted vegetable pot pies last night. Phew. We didn't eat dinner until after 9:00pm, but I powered through and what a relief to mark them off the list. I stayed after work and run/walked FIVE MILES. I wanted to stop so badly after only half a mile, but I started talking to myself, distracted myself with a good show on t.v., and went to town. Is this a glimpse into getting my energy back?! I sure hope so.
I will leave you with a picture of last night's veggie pot pie..
Off to finish the kitchen!
0 comments:
Post a Comment