To switch things up and make it interesting, I decided to keep going but to stop weighing myself every week. Truthfully, the scale has been mean, yet honest, over the past 3 months. Reminding me on a regular basis that healthy weight loss is a lifestyle and a journey of ups and downs. The number it flashes does not represent who I am, my worth, or the end-all-be-all. It's a tool.
I had an amazing opportunity to sit with a room full of inspiring women for 4 weeks listening to our pastor's wife talk about God, food, and our body image issues. You would think at this point of the game, I would know all there is to know about struggling with disordered eating, what God has to say about making flood an idol, and how we should all embrace our unique shapes. But, I don't. And I am grateful to be part of a community of girls who are broken and beautiful just like me. (I will share some nuggets of truth from that class in the next few weeks.)
So, where am I going with this? I may have just confused you. I am ditching the scale for 83 days. I weighed in this morning at:
![]() |
The plan: eat healthy, eat mindfully, give this disorder to God, exercise on a daily basis, be thankful for this broken mess of a body, and stop hiding behind all the excuses.
I am EXCITED people. Truly exited.
Will you join me?

0 comments:
Post a Comment