1.05.2011

Let's see how long this lasts.

I am going to quickly attempt to post last night's recipe and pictures before my computer goes to sleep again. I am holding my breath....
I cracked open new Cooking Light: Way to Cook Vegetarian

Deep-Dish Roasted Vegetable Pizza
3.6 ounces whole-wheat flour (about 3⁄4 cup)  
3.4 ounces all-purpose flour (about 3⁄4 cup)
1 package quick-rise yeast (about 2 1⁄4 teaspoons)
1⁄2 teaspoon salt 
1⁄2 teaspoon sugar 
2⁄3 cup very warm water (120° to 130°) 
1 tablespoon olive oil 
1 medium-size green bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces  
1 (8-ounce) package baby portobello mushrooms, halved  
1 medium-size red onion, cut into 1-inch pieces  
1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning  
1⁄2 cup pitted kalamata olives, halved 
4 plum tomatoes, coarsely chopped  
2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided (I used soy)
Olive oil–flavored cooking spray  
1⁄2 cup spicy marinara sauce (such as Barilla)

  • 1 Preheat oven to 475º.

  • 2 Weigh or lightly spoon flours into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Place flours, yeast, salt, and sugar in a food processor; pulse 2 times or until blended. Combine very warm water and oil in a 1-cup glass measure. With processor on, slowly pour water mixture through food chute; process until mixture forms a ball. Process 1 minute. Turn dough out onto a floured surface; coat dough with cooking spray. Let rest 15 minutes.

  • 3 While dough rests, combine bell pepper, mushrooms, and onion on a large rimmed baking sheet. Coat-vegetables with cooking spray; sprinkle with Italian seasoning, and toss well. Bake at 475º for 20 minutes; stir, and bake an additional 6 minutes or until vegetables are roasted. Add olives and tomato to vegetables; toss gently.

  • 4 Reduce oven temperature to 450º.

  • 5 Roll dough into a 14 x 10–inch rectangle on a lightly floured surface. Coat a 13 x 9–inch baking pan with cooking spray. Place dough in prepared pan, and press dough halfway up sides of pan. Sprinkle 3⁄4 cup cheese over dough; spread marinara sauce over cheese. Top with roasted vegetable mixture. Sprinkle with remaining 11⁄4 cups cheese. Bake at 450º for 20 minutes or until crust browns and cheese bubbles. Cool 5 minutes before cutting into squares. Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 1 square).

  • Going into the oven.....
    Finished product!

    It took slightly longer for it to cook for me than what the recipe called for. 30 minutes seemed to do the trick. I think I used too many tomatoes and that caused the dough to be squishy on the top. Overall, it was very good. Matt missed pepperoni...but I think he secretly enjoyed it. 
     
    I wanted to share my new workout toy. It's call a S2H Replay
    At first glance, it appears to just be a regular ol' watch..but there is more to this little guy! It keeps the time, date, AND tracks my activity. There are four squares that equal 60 minutes of activity once they are full. THEN it gives me an eight digit code that I upload on their website. Once I get enough points (60 points per 60 minutes), I can cash in my points for giftcards! Nifty little booger. I finished 60 minutes last night on the treadmill and got my first code. 
     
    (phew..I made it before the computer crashed again. off to date night) 

    1 comment: