Saturday night was supposed to be a return adventure to see the Arch Rival Roller Derby gals. We got to the arena and the ticket line was out the door. Long. Freezing Cold. We stood in line for 15 minutes and the line never moved. A roller girl was watching the line with concern on her face. I heard her say, "Uh, I don't think we are going to be able to fit all of you inside." My heart sunk. Not only did I have my heart set on seeing those kick-@ss derby girls again, but we had friends already inside. I let out a deep sigh, turned to Matt, and we left.
On the way back to the apartment, I saw the billboard for River City Casino. As we discussed what else we could do that night, I suddenly said, "Take this exit!". 3 minutes later, we pulled up in front of a pretty impressive Casino.
Now, I am not a gambler. We have been to Vegas twice, and a couple other Casinos here and there, but it's not a regular occurrence for us. I will tell you this though, I LOVE CASINO CROWDS. There is nothing like a Casino, especially in St. Louis, that brings people of completely different walks together in one place with one goal: To lose their money.
I was impressed when we walked in. It was more than I had expected it to be. We made a lap around the gaming floor, Matt spotted the crap tables, and I heard the grumble in my tummy for food. Matt told me about their restaurant, 1904 Beer House, that has 100 beers on the menu. We decided to give it a shot.
I ordered a salad and Companion pretzels (no vegetarian options on this menu) and Matt dove into the beer selection.
My salad was so-so, just lettuce, veggies, and dressing. The pretzels were warm and delicious with the beer cheese dipping sauce. But it wasn't until the dessert came that my jaw hit the floor. Matt and I innocently ordered the "Mudslide Cake". The waiter rambled off 3 dessert options and said they were all $4. And then this arrived at our table:
This sucker was taller than our water glasses! All the tables around us were in shock of it as we were.
We attempted to eat some of it, but gave up after just a few bites. Well, I gave up, I had to pull it away from Matt and ask for a to-go box. Good grief! After leaving the restaurant, we made our trek back through the gaming floor to the other exit. I just had to try my hand at the penny slots. I am glad we did, I made $10!
Overall, it was an okay night and I got to check, "Do something new" off the list for the week.
1.08.2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









0 comments:
Post a Comment