In the event that the appointment was not-so-delightful, I stopped by Target on Monday night to have some goodies waiting for me when I got home Tuesday:
| Gummy bears (high on the "cravings" list), a face mask, little tube of curly-hair conditioning cream, a nail filing block, and nail polish. |
Sidenote: I am having some minor issues with my thyroid. The one positive thing about this thyroid deal is that I get more ultrasounds. Since I had to hang around yesterday, she decided to start the ultrasounds!
Good news: He's weighing in at an estimated 2lbs, 13 inches long, slightly ahead of the due date, all organs are perfect, and things look normal. Bad news: the pictures were not that great. He was facing the "camera" straight on and they are hard to make out. I will wait to upload the next round of pictures that will come in April.
While waiting for all this to take place, I started feeling really crummy. I was too embarrassed to ask if how I was feeling was normal, instead I just sat there suffering in silence. My head was pounding, I was burning up, my heart was racing, I couldn't sit still, and my stomach hurt really bad. I thought it was probably from the sugar drink, but also factored in that it was warm outside and the heater was still on full strength in the building. Once I was free to go, I started feeling better when I got outside. Shrugged it off as being overheated, stopped by Matt's office to show him the pictures, and we went out for a "date lunch" to spend some time together.
SUSHI LUNCH SPECIAL! You guys, $10 for a salad, a appetizer, and a roll. Drink included. Everything was delicious! It really hit the spot.....and then it hit my stomach and I got sick again. Stupid sugar drink!
I laid on the couch until Matt got home to baby me. All that sounded good for dinner was a smoothie and a plain bagel. Bless Matt's little heart...he went out to get those things for me. I forced myself to stay awake, but finally gave up at 8:30pm. Such a beautiful day that could have been spent reading in the backyard, walking around the zoo, going for a stroll around the neighborhood.....and there I was snuggled, miserably, on the couch with a smoothie.
Oh well. You win some and you lose some. I guess I got a good taste of how miserable I could have been during my first semester.
0 comments:
Post a Comment