Tuesday- Panko Crusted Sriracha Tilapia, sauteed squash, wild rice
Wednesday- @ wedding shower
Thursday- Slow Cooker Bean and Quinoa Chili
Friday- (up in the air right now)
Saturday- Butter Chicken, white rice, and naan bread
*********************************
Win- I cooked everything on the list from last week!
Nothing wasted!
Sunday- we stopped at Aldi's, Schnuck's (special items), and Target.
My grocery list this round was pretty odd. I was preparing for a dinner party that was going to be at our house Sunday night (it didn't happen), so that's why this pile from Aldi's looks really weird. I based most of the menu for early in the week from items we already have in the freezer/pantry. That's where the tilapia, squash, and wild rice are coming from. And then Wednesday, I am making an appetizer for the wedding shower. We are lucking out with meals and I don't really have to cook until Thursday! Aldi's Total: $38.19
The second stop was Schnuck's. Reasons: the bananas at Aldi's were florescent green, they did not have roasted red peppers, we needed bourbon for the apple pie, and Matt wanted some beer that was only at Schnuck's. I may have picked up some flowers....they caught my eye and were only $5. Schuck's Total: $25.60
Last stop was Target. We were still on the hunt for apple cider for the pie- found it on the clearance food rack! We also realized we forgot to get cat food at Schnuck's. And pistachios for Wednesday's appetizer. Good thing we stopped for cider! I also picked up a 94cent letter opener from the clearance end cap. Target Total: $19.82
If it hadn't been for special purchases for the pie(s) and the appetizers, we would have been well under budget. But, thankfully those dishes also provided bonus meals for this week that I will not have to cook for. I guess it all evens out in the end.
Tuesday, I will shop for Thursday- Sunday meals with the money budgeted/set aside for Thursday-Thursday. I may have just lost you there. Sorry. But it makes sense in my head. Bottom line: a fresh $80 budget for groceries.
Sounds like you're doing good staying on budget
ReplyDelete