3.18.2014

Strolling through the neighborhood!

I had lofty goals tonight- Go for a walk + get ice cream. Logically, it made sense to put those two things together. I mapped out a local ice cream shop that was a smidgen over a mile away. Looked them up on line, and set a time to leave the house after dinner. We even set up some friends along the way to join us. Easy- peasy. 

However...we were greeted by this sign as we arrived:
 You may not be able to read all of it due to the glare, but the bottom line was- they weren't open. Their website had not been updated with their "new" winter hours. *Insert whiny pregnant girl here* 

I pulled myself together, tied my shoe, and we decided to keep walking to a favorite spot just about a mile farther. Fine...the sun was still up, our company was up for it, and the route allowed me to walk past an old mechanic shop that is for lease. Katie and I used to run pass this shop on some of our long runs and it always filled my head with dreams. It still does, and even more now that it is for sale. 
Coffee shop, floral shop, little cafe with a grocery store.....dreams. 
Russel's, the second destination, has amazing desserts. Pies, cheesecakes, cakes, brownies, tarts, you name it. However, since I was mostly stuck on cold, ice cream-like options, none of those sounded good to me. The others were on the same page. I had hopes of atleast a smoothie, but alas, they did not have that, and none of the sweets they had left were calling to me. The third location was on the end of the same block.  A deli/liquor store. Luckily they had a small ice cream freezer with the average gas station ice cream selections. There was only one that begged a question:  
What would I do-oo for a klondike bar? Well, I would walk a mile to a closed ice cream shop, walk 3/4th of a mile more to strike out on a smoothie, and then I would "settle" for a klondike bar.

We strolled the rest of the way home, said goodbye to our walking mates, and still consider the night a good night. Hey- atleast I got to log in some more miles! 

1 comment: