3.03.2014

Whatcha Eatin' This Week? {3/2 to 3/8}

Sunday- Red Lentil, Quinoa, and Veggie Curry 
                  Mississippi Pot Roast w/ wild rice, roasted carrots
Monday- Irish Barley Stew 
Tuesday- Honey Chicken w/ quinoa 
Wednesday- Chili w/ cornbread 
Thursday- {Work Party} 
Friday- Spicy Fish Taco Bowls 
Saturday- Panko Chicken w/ roasted asparagus 
___________________________________________________
I shopped at Dierberg's for these recipes. It's not a normal shopping location for me because of their prices, but they were running a pretty good sale this week. I also like their selection in their bulk bins. 

After tax, I spent $81. Not great, but not horrible. The meat for this week was well over half of that total. Yet, again, another reason we need to go back to eating mainly vegetarian. It just makes me so happy when Matt's eyes light up when we eat meat. I have to let that go. He loves whatever I make, so back to yummy veggies and grains! 

Reviews: The Red Lentil Curry was okay. Probably not something I will make again. The Mississippi Pot Roast was unbelievable. So comforting on a wintery-icy-snowy evening. The Irish Stew tonight was equally comforting. We will probably be eating these meals into next week. SO.MUCH.FOOD! 

Notes for next shopping trip: I am going to try my hardest to only shop at Aldis, Dierberg's (bulk bins), and Jay's International in the future. These locations give me good value for my money, and a wide variety of options. Plus, I can keep cost of grains down by shopping in the bulk bins and Dierberg's is the only location that still carries the greek yogurt that we like. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment